CCAR Press FAQ/Returns
1. How do I access my account?
Your username for the CCAR Press website will be either your CCAR Press account number or the email address associated with your account. If you are unsure of either, please email the CCAR Press or call us at 212-972-3636 x241.
Our Customer Service Hours are: Mon-Thu 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST; we are closed Saturday and Sunday.
To claim and activate your account, please follow the steps below:
- Go to My Account
- Under “Returning Customers,” enter your email address in the user ID section.
- Click on "Click Here” under “forget password.”
- Check your email. You should have received an email containing your account password.
2. Where do I send check payments for CCAR Press book orders and invoices?
Please note that this address is for CCAR Press check payments only.
The Central Conference
of American Rabbis
PO Box 781044
Philadelphia, PA 19178-1044
3. Does CCAR Press offer discounts?
Discounts of 20% are offered on congregational orders and to members of the CCAR.
For discount schedules on trade titles, please email us.
Wholesalers and distributors are also invited to email us for discount schedules.
Occasionally special discounts are offered. These are made available on the website.
Please note that discounts do not apply to electronic books or certain short-run books.
4. Does CCAR Press offer electronic books?
Yes! The CCAR is proud
to offer many of our books in electronic format. A large selection of CCAR
Press books, including out-of-print classics, is available as fully searchable
and bookmarkable pdf’s on our ebook site. These pdfs can be downloaded and viewed on your computer,
iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, and many other devices.
Many of our books are also available as Kindle books. To download those books, go to Amazon directly.
We also have some books available for other electronic devices including Nook, Sony Reader, Android, and iPad/iPhone, and we will continue to add more in the future.
5. Where can I get more information about Mishkan T’filah and using it in my congregation?
There are many online resources available here.
These resources include answers to frequently-asked-questions, journal articles about Mishkan T’filah, implementation ideas from our colleagues, practical suggestions, ways to introduce Mishkan T’filah into your congregation, study material—and much more.
6. Where can I get more information about the new CCAR machzor?
Materials related to Mishkan HaNefesh: Machzor for the Days of Awe can be found here.
7. Does CCAR Press accept unsolicited submissions?
CCAR Press publishes
primarily Jewish liturgy and resources for rabbis, scholars, congregations and
the Jewish community. Most of our publications are created in-house. However,
we do occasionally consider an unsolicited submission. You are welcome to email us a preliminary query.
Please understand that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive a response to a query.
If there is sufficient interest, you will then be asked to submit a formal
Please also note the following:
• We do not work with agents.
• We do not publish memoirs, fiction, plays, textbooks, or children’s books (other than liturgy).
• We are not able to discuss submissions by phone or to provide critiques.
9. How can I subscribe to The CCAR Journal: The Reform Jewish Quarterly?
We welcome subscriptions from individuals and institutions. Please follow this link for more subscription information: The Reform Jewish Quarterly
10. How do I find out more about supporting a CCAR publication?
Our publications are made possible by the thoughtfulness and generosity of those who are interested in supporting our ability to publish important resources for the Jewish community. For more information, please contact our Press Director, Rafael Chaiken.
11. Is it okay to copy material from a CCAR publication?
It is only acceptable to do so with express, written permission from CCAR Press. To do otherwise is a copyright violation, which is both unethical and illegal. This applies to copying for any reason, including educational purposes.
355 Lexington Ave, 8th floor
New York, NY 10017
Every attempt will be made to respond within 4-6 weeks.
12. How can I learn more about projecting services?
The CCAR Press is pleased to be able to offer projected services, or the Visual T’filah, to rabbis, cantors, congregations, and institutions. Both ready-made and customizable Visual T’filah are available. The CCAR Press also offers consulting in the area of Visual T’filah. These services include suggestions regarding setting up your sanctuary, purchasing equipment, and introducing the congregation to this mode of worship.
All CCAR Press orders are shipped via UPS.
14. How do I return books, if necessary?
Please return all books to our warehouse at the address below. Permission is required for all returns. Please email the CCAR Press before returning any books. Please complete and return the "Reason to Return" on the back of your packing slip with your shipment.
Please note: Not all books are eligible for return.
Attn: CCAR Returns
1650 Bluegrass Lakes Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30004